Children’s Dental Care in Maribyrnong
At Hampstead Dental, we are pleased to provide dentistry for all ages in our community. We also welcome children at our clinic. Our qualified team understands the importance of detecting and treating dental conditions early on. By having your child visit the dentist at a young age, they can have a positive experience and avoid developing any dental fears.
We recommend that your child see us from when they’re about a year old. They’ll become familiar with our environment and staff and learn to enjoy their dental checkups.
Educating Your Child
Though your child’s baby teeth will fall out, it’s essential to teach your child about proper oral healthcare when they’re young. In doing so, we can prevent small issues from becoming more complex and costlier to address.
We’ll educate you and your child about a broad array of dental-related topics:
- Oral hygiene habits during pregnancy to protect your baby
- Caring for baby teeth to protect secondary teeth and create good habits
- Baby’s first dental visit and an oral hygiene schedule to prevent problems
- Addressing tooth decay in baby teeth or permanent teeth
- Fillings or crowns for baby teeth
- Maintaining space when a baby tooth is lost early
- Correcting broken or chipped teeth
- Appliances for night teeth grinding
- Preventative orthodontics to minimise future treatment
Specialist Referrals Available
If we determine that your child may benefit from early orthodontics, we’ll refer them to an orthodontist for a consultation. We want their teeth to be healthy and last for a lifetime. In getting early intervention orthodontics, they won’t require as much treatment in the future, saving you time and money.
Book Your Child’s Visit Today
We’ll help you keep your child’s smile bright and healthy. They’ll learn how to take their oral healthcare into their own hands with us. Contact our team today to schedule an appointment for children’s dentistry Maribyrnong! We’re preferred providers for many health funds and have a HICAPS machine on-site.
*Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.